That was great! Good job! It was simple yet so well done, I'm using twine myself and I'm amazed at what you've managed to do! This was fantastic, keep up the good work.
The Hall of the Sorcerer King
You're determined to find the source of the curse that has struck Althean wizards, even if it means venturing into an ancient underground fortress full of monsters. You have powerful spells at your disposal, but how far can you make it with only a limited amount of mana?
- Every time you cast a spell, it will cost more the next time you use the same spell, so think carefully.
- At any point, you can undo your choice using the arrow in the top left, or go back to an earlier point by clicking the name of the room on the sidebar.
- If the scrollbar is annoying, use the fullscreen button in the lower right.
- Good luck!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I really enjoyed this! Even beat it on my first try ;)
The writing is good, and the game itself was simple and elegant enough that I didn't become overwhelmed with choices.
Okay, I've finished it! I was sure it wasn't beatable, but it turned out I wasn't doing something wrong, I was doing the wrong something. Very clever!
I kind of had three phases to my playthroughs.
- I just enjoyed being able to solve problems different ways,
- I obsessively mapped out decision trees trying to brute force a win
- Once I realized such a win was impossible, I just tried to find a new way to approach the story.
The writing is nice, it's a good timeless fantasy bit, like the best early 90s IF. I especially like the verbosity of the reactions to wrong options. Nothing feels like it was rushed through, everything seems viable when you try it the first time.
Wow, that's awesome, that's basically how I was hoping the experience would play out! :D (Well, hopefully without step 2 getting too painful. :) ) Thanks for commenting, I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed it and had a good time figuring it out.
Crazy! I just released this today: https://metalsnail.itch.io/hall-of-the-dwarven-king