Can you conquer the dark dungeon and reach the treasure, or will you stumble into too many hidden traps?
TrapSweeper is a cute and challenging version of Minesweeper where traps can have different danger levels (1 - 3), and tile numbers indicate the total danger level of all adjacent traps. Avoid traps and reach the treasure in the center to venture deeper into the dungeon. The best treasure is on level 10 - if you can make it that far!
- Left-click to move and reveal tiles that you think are safe
- Right-click (or left-click + shift) to mark tiles that you've deduced contain a trap. Click again to increase the number. Keep clicking to remove the marker entirely if you made a mistake.
- Start by looking for numbered tiles that are adjacent to just one dark tile, such as ones in the corner. That tile must contain a trap equal to the number in the corner.
- When you've marked enough adjacent traps to match the number on a tile, all the other adjacent tiles must be safe and can be revealed - don't forget the diagonals.
- Tiles are colored based on the highest-level trap they're next to. Use this information to eliminate possibilities if you get stuck.
- Totally stuck? If you trigger a trap, you'll take damage, but you can walk across it and keep going.
- Design and gameplay: celia14
- Art and UI: rose11
- Music: "On Tiptoe" by www.purple-planet.com
- Sounds from www.freesound.org: Footstep On Stone by Samulis, Metal-open by newagesoup, Dropping Wood by InspectorJ, Kick wood by jorickhoofd, shining by harpoyume, Coins Purchase 4 by rhodesmas, Coins Purchase 3 by rhodesmas, Tap by adcbicycle, Ah! by Mondfisch89/Yudena
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
260 days ago(+1)
You got me obsessed with this game for 3 days until I finally got a full level clear
(I feel very proud and needed to tell someone)
I guess this is an allowable board because I can still access the stairs even if I can't clear all the dark tiles?
Edit: Also got one where there's inaccessible patches of darkness, surrounded all by traps, but I've reset enough. Continuing.
Yep all boards have a path to the stairs, but it's possible to have inaccessible patches of darkness.
1 year ago (+1)
This seems like I need to guess? Should that happen?
1 year ago (+1)
No and sometimes. You know that the middle dark 3 above you has a 2 and the light 4 means that 2 can only be North or Northwest from the 3. The middle dark 4 above the light 4 only needs a 1 and it can't be West of the light 4 because the dark 3's last 1 is either West or East from it. So West of the light 4 is empty. This means that the last 1 for the middle dark 4 is West from it so North and Northwest from the middle dark 3 above the middle dark 4 is also empty. Which means that the last 1 for the middle dark 5 is Northwest from it. This means that there is a 1 below the left of the 2 light 3's. Depending on the numbers revealed you might now have to chance it!
1 year ago(+1)
Yeah, technically speaking, there should never be a situation where you have to guess. That was definitely a tricky one to work out though.
Wow, I'm surprised about this game still being on the list of popular Minesweeper games (but I have to say, I do still find it fun myself!) Thank you for playing and commenting! 🙂
Oh, you updated it? I was wondering if Trapsweeper speeding up when travelling far was new! Nice!
Got to Floor 4 at last, before making my first mistake! Took me a reread of things to understand the tile colors!
EDIT: Or maybe the big change was what happens when stepping on a empty space.
Hey, sorry if I wasn't clear, there's been no update for multiple years. 😄 I was just explaining how the game does check if the board is solvable without guessing randomly, but it can still be hard to follow the logic you'd have to use to work it out. (But that's why we put multiple lives, so it's okay to guess or try something out!)
Thanks! It was just that the "More Information" section says, as of this writing, "Updated 12 days ago", so I was wondering what changed.
5 years ago(+2)
Whoa, what a cool take on minesweeper! I love the art style, & the gameplay is really fun
7 years ago(+3)
I love the design and the more difficult turn on the classic minesweeper. I may or may not have played it every time I procrastinated or needed a break since it came out